Monday, May 26, 2008

Another Use for Used Coffee Grinds

Most of you already know that coffee grinds are a great way to boost the quality of your compost but how about using them as an exfoliant? Well, one of my favorite eco-experts, Danny Seo, thinks they do a great job as a body scrub. So after drinking a cup of caffeinated coffee I though I would give it a go. I decided to mix some Dr. Bronner's with the grinds to make a nice paste. I have to say I feel like I just stepped out of the spa, buffed and smooth as a baby's bottom! I have also heard that the caffeine component is great for cellulite, who knows? After stepping out of the shower try using some coconut oil to moisturize, another great all natural idea. Side note: save your shower cleaning till after you do the scrub

No comments: