Saturday, March 13, 2010

Start your Veggies in a Sunny Window


As spring quickly approaches it is time to start your summer garden. I found this picture on an adorable blog called The Lark. What a great way to recycle your tea tins! You can plant your starter seeds in these sweet tins and when ready transfer them to a bigger pot or bed in the yard. I also have been storing up toilet paper rolls to use as little pots for my seedlings to grow in. You can find a complete tutorial for starting seeds in toilet paper rolls on the ehow website. Here is a picture of their final product:


I have just begun prepping our raised boxes for our spring garden, I will keep you posted on our progress and share pictures as well. I hope this summer we have a larger harvest and less caterpillars.

No comments: