Monday, August 11, 2008

Books! Books! Books!

Alright, so I am as guilty as the next with my love of buying new books to read. I love the whole experience of going to the bookstore, browsing to find a great read, drinking a yummy latte, and twenty bucks later leaving with a paperback I will finish in a matter of days! What have I been thinking? With awareness comes change. So I have vowed to alter my book addiction and here is how it will go. Only purchase reference books that I will use over and over again, everything else will come from the library or local Trade-a-Book. Not only can you save tons of cash and some trees, but you can use less gas with the book mobile that practically comes to your house! It is very simple. Go online and reserve your books and the book mobile will bring them along. With a little patience you can read whatever you like. The Trade-a-Book is another great option. De-clutter and few shelves of paperbacks bring them in for trade. When it is all said and done you can sit on your porch with a nice glass of ice tea, your book, money in your pocket, and less eco-guilt! Are you up for the challenge?


Local? Below is a great place to trade in a book:

Sullivan's Trade A Book
1303 Ben Sawyer Blvd., Mt. Pleasant (843) 884-8611

No comments: