Saturday, April 26, 2008

Community Composting at Hampton Park

Are you interested in composting but do not have the space or funds for a composter? Recently I found out that the Hampton Park Horticulture Center has community compost bins. You can save up your food scraps in a nice compostable bag and then drop them off at the bins. A few months later they will give you some "black gold" for your contribution. You can use this nutritious soil in your garden and plants at home. I have been researching composters because the one I had fell apart, so off the the recycling center it went. Luckily I was able to retrieve the "black gold" first. So until I find a new composter that will last forever and it easy to use I will bring my food waste to the community composter & wait for it to turn to "gold".

No comments: